I am a firm believer that cookie consumption is directly correlated with happiness. As such, I have had cookies all over the country, and consider myself an expert. This list is a public service, so that no one will ever waste precious calories on a mediocre cookie.
The greatest cookies in America are as follows:
1. Fudge Brownie Chip – Cafe Solterra – Jekyll Island Club Hotel in Glynn County, Georgia
2. Chocolate Chip – Levain Bakery – New York, New York
3. Double Chocolate Chip – Meeting Street Cafe – Providence, Rhode Island
4. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip – Woodstar Cafe – Hadley, Massachusetts
5. Amish Chocolate Chip – Javalina – Silver City, New Mexico
6. Cowboy Cookie – Handlebar Coffee – Santa Barbara, California
7. Chocolate Chip – Sweet Salt – Burbank, California
8. Chocolate Chip – Kumquat Mae Café – Watkinsville, Georgia
9. Chocolate Truffle – Alcove, Los Feliz, California
10. Chocolate Chip – Mama’s Kitchen – Palomar, California
Please note that a proper cookie is always fresh (or lightly toasted to desired meltiness), and enjoyed with a glass of cold milk.
I do accept submissions via mail. For consideration on the list, it must be from a bakery and available to consumers. That’s not to say I won’t appreciate it if you send me a batch that your wife made. Use the contact link to find out where I am. If I test positive from your cookie, I will hunt you down and kill you.
Photo credits: Lyne Lamoureux, Casey Gibson